Monday, April 9, 2007

My Love, My Valentine - poem for my special person

Once upon a twilight,
Twelve long years ago,
I saw a beautiful sight,
A lovely lady on a bike

Her voice, sweet honey,
Her long legs, her tender lips,
With ‘that’ look in her eyes,
She asked will you be mine?

How could anyone refuse her,
With pure love in her heart,
And a twinkle in her smile
I said, “Yes I will”

Thus began a life-long romance,
Of ups & downs & troubles & trials,
She was always there for me,
My only Love, My Dear Valentine

We have been together,
We have grown together,
We have loved others,
And yet always loved each other

She is my inspiration,
To stand up tall,
She is my care-taker,
Who lifts me when I fall

I lust for her body,
And love her kind soul,
I care for her happiness,
And pray for her goal

Her honesty is like morning dew,
Her courage, like the mountain lion,
She is Goddess Durga & Rati combined,
She is my only Love, My Dear Valentine

We fight like cats & dogs,
We hate each other a lot
We cant stand so many habits,
And yet we can’t live apart

Though distance separates us,
And we cant physically touch one another,
We know we are there as One
And our hearts beat together

It will soon be two years,
Since we got in the bondage of marriage,
Both of us have grown a lot,
As a couple & as individual people

I pray to you Lord,
May she always be happy,
Give her my joys & me her sorrows,
For she is my only Love, My Dear Valentine

2 comments:

Deeps said...

Hey sweetheart! This is the best poem written for me. I love you for this!!!

Fiadon said...

hmmmmmm seriously Deepti..... superb poet.... i just like his poem 'toomuchly' :D:D:D